Immigration to foreigners: Report immediately

Bureau of Immigration in Manila, Philippines
Bureau of Immigration main office in Intramuros, Manila. (Image via Wikipedia)

MANILA, Philippines—The Bureau of Immigration (BI) is advising all foreigners in the country to make their annual report to the agency starting January 3 to avoid sanctions for being improperly documented aliens.

Based on the Alien Registration Act of 1950, all foreigners holding immigrant or non-immigrant visas are required to report to the bureau within the first 60 days of every calendar year, to avoid administrative fines or possible deportation.

Immigration Commissioner Ricardo David Jr. said foreigners can report to the BI main office in Intramuros, Manila or any of its field or satellite offices around the country.

They must bring with them their ACR identity card (I-Card) and certificate of residence, as well as pay for the annual report fee of P300 and a P10 legal research fee, the BI said.

Alien Registration Division chief Ronaldo Ledesma also said that those who have old paper-based ACR will not be allowed to make their annual report until they apply for an ACR I-Card.

Parents of children below 14 years of age and legal guardians or representatives of adults 65 years old and above can make reports on their behalf, Ledesma added.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s