MANILA—Bill on responsible parenthood, standard pay scale in government-owned and-controlled corporations (GOCCs), fiscal responsibility, the K-12 program are among the 17 priority legislation identified by the Aquino administration.
The selected bills were chosen from among 180 proposed measures received earlier by the Presidential Legislative Liaison Office from various departments, said Executive Secretary Paquito Ochoa Jr.
Ochoa said that the 17 bills are in the final stages of preparation, and have undergone reviews by the lead agencies involved.
Also included in the list of priority bills are:
• Fiscal incentives reform
• Postponement of elections in Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao (ARMM) in August
• Amendment of ARMM Organic Law
• Strengthening of Anti-trafficking in Persons Act
• Re-nationalization of agricultural services previously devolved to local governments
• Repeal of Section 130 of the Labor code which prohibits women from working at night
• Amendment of the Build-Operate-Transfer law to allow more private-public partnership
• Amendment of the National Defense Act.